Question: Do you use or want to use cam and dowel/minifix in assembling your carcasses? If so, what are your options?
- A jig where all holes are manually drilled which is labour intensive and may not be that accurate
- Use a traditional 21 spindle multi borer which will require 3 set ups and 3 tool changes, again labour intensive and as accurate as the operator.
- Invest in a CNC which cost lots of money takes a lot of floorspace.
The solution? The Scorpion Minifix 3 drilling machine
The Scorpion has drilling heads to 3 sides and is truly a unique machine making pre drilling of cam and dowel/minifix an easy process.
- 1st drilling head is from below which pre drills for the cam
- 2nd is the end drill to allow the dowel to meet the cam along with 2 additional dowel drills
- 3rd drilling head is from above which pilot drills 5mm to screw the dowel in the panel along with 2 dowel drills
- Machine is 240 volts and requires compressed air
The machine has pneumatic clamping with each head being operated by push button.